For the 2023-24 academic year there are postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions. Please visit the university page below for more information and how to apply:
UK universities offering GREAT Scholarships
Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University is an ambitious and global university, with a total of 18,000 students from 185 countries and regions around the world studying with us.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Cranfield University, a specialist postgraduate university with easy access to London, Cambridge and Oxford.
Imperial College London
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Imperial College London, a specialist community focusing solely on science, engineering, medicine and business.
Sheffield Hallam University
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships of offer at Sheffield Hallam University, a welcoming community with more than 34,000 students from 113 different countries.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Teesside University, a university with over 90 years of teaching and learning.
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Trinity Laban in London, a leading centre of music and dance.
University of Bolton
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Bolton, a teaching intensive, research informed university located in north west England.
University of Hull
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships of offer at the University of Hull, a proud history of academic excellence and creating and inspiring life-changing research.
University of Kent
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Kent, a great choice for students keen to sharpen their skills and advance their career.
University of Nottingham
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Nottingham, one of the world's top 70 universities for employability.
University of Stirling
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Stirling, a university recognised across the globe for excellence in teaching and research.
University of Strathclyde
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Strathclyde, a leading international technological university located in the heart of Glasgow.
University of Plymouth
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Plymouth, a dynamic, ambitious and award-winning institution with a research-led culture.
St George's, University of London
Learn more about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at St George's, University of London, a specialist health university offering array of specialist programmes.
Bishop Grosseteste University
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Bishop Grosseteste University, a university that excels in teaching and learning.
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Malaysia.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.