Meet our 2023 winners and finalists
Read about our global finalists for 2023 below. The four global winners from each category will be selected for their outstanding achievements as professionals, entrepreneurs and community leaders in September 2023.
The four winners are selected by the global judging panel in the final stage of an extensive judging process of the 28 global finalists. All winners and finalists are UK university alumni with outstanding success stories, representing 29 UK universities and 22 countries.
Read about their inspirational stories below and how they are using their experience of studying at a UK university to make an impact on their communities, industries, and countries.
In addition to the global awards, a small number of selected countries hosted prestigious awarding ceremonies to celebrate alumni at a national level below.
Global Finalists 2023
Business and Innovation Award
Recognising alumni who are initiating and contributing to creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities that have the potential for growth.
- Wider Europe: Irina Arutyunova (Armenia)
- East Asia: Yijing Wang (China) (Winner)
- Europe: Victoria Riess (Germany)
- Middle East and North Africa: Fadi Bou Debs (Lebanon)
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Oumadevi Rangasamy Veerasamy (Mauritius)
- South Asia: Dr. Lok Bhattarai (Nepal)
- Americas: Iynna Halilou (USA)
Culture and Creativity Award
Recognising alumni who have carved a career for themselves in arts and culture. These individuals have demonstrated their artistic ingenuity, influence and creativity.
- Europe: Dimitrios Marinos (Greece)
- South Asia: Puja Changoiwala (India)
- Middle East and North Africa: Hind Joucka (Jordan)
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Isah 'The Prince' Matankari (Nigeria)
- East Asia: Yunwoo Jeong (South Korea)
- Americas: Rachel Koller Croft (USA)
- Wider Europe: Iskandar Sattibaev (Uzbekistan) (Winner)
Science and Sustainability Award
Recognising alumni who have distinguished themselves through their career and achievements in the world of science and sustainability.
- Middle East and North Africa: Haitham Shoman (Egypt)
- Wider Europe: Shynar Aldazhumanova (Kazakhstan)
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Prof. Muktar A. Gadanya (Nigeria)
- South Asia: Dr. Sarah Qureshi (Pakistan)
- East Asia: Melvin Sanicas (Philippines)
- Middle East and North Africa: Hani Alhadrami (Saudi Arabia)
- East Asia: Dr. Trang Nguyen (Vietnam) (Winner)
Social Action Award
Recognising alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
- Americas: Cainã Perri (Brazil)
- East Asia: Paul Lin (China)
- Middle East and North Africa: Dr. Derar Hasan Abdel-Qader (Jordan)
- Europe: Evghenii Alexandrovici Goloșceapov (Moldova)
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Oluwaseun Ayodeji Osowobi (Nigeria) (Winner)
- South Asia: Barrister Hamna Zain (Pakistan)
- Wider Europe: Burak Yazar (Turkey)
Sign up to our newsletter
Get the latest updates and advice on applications, scholarships, visas and events.