For the 2022-23 academic year there are eight postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions. Please visit the university page below for more information and how to apply:
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Aston University, one of the leading career-focused universities in the UK.
Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University is a distinctive, inclusive and forward-looking university that is committed to its social mission to promote the common good.
Oxford Brookes University
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Oxford Brookes University, a world-class university in a beautiful city.
Royal Agricultural University
The RAU’s mission is to equip a new generation to thrive through change. Its purpose is to cultivate care for the land and all who depend on it. We have students from 41 different countries and 17,000 alumni around the world.
Learn more about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Ulster University. Located in Northern Ireland, the university is a young, dynamic and innovative.
University of Essex
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at The University of Essex, a truly international university, with students from more than 140 countries.
University of Reading
The University of Reading is ranked 202 in the QS World University Rankings 2022 and has an outstanding international reputation across a range of subjects.
University of Wolverhampton - GREAT Scholarships
More than 3,500 international students from over 140 countries call the University of Wolverhampton home. Nationally commended and internationally recognised, the University achieved four stars in the most recent QS international ratings and has a graduate employability rate of 96 per cent (DLHE 2018).
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Nepal.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.