For the 2022-23 academic year there are five postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions. Please visit the university page below for more information and how to apply:
Learn about GREAT scholarships on offer at Cardiff University, one of Britain's leading research universities with a diverse student population.
University of Essex
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at The University of Essex, a truly international university, with students from more than 140 countries.
University of Glasgow
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Glasgow, home to 33,000 students from over 140 countries.
University of Northampton
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Northampton. A university that has over 1,000 international students study there each year.
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research.
What are we looking for in a GREAT Scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Brunei
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK.
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.