GREAT Scholarships offers 44 scholarships from UK universities, across a variety of subjects for students from China. Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
The scholarships are jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
For the 2021-22 academic year there are postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Bournemouth University
- Cranfield University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Keele University
- Newcastle University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Royal Academy of Music
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- University of Bath
- University of Derby
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Essex
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Kent
- University of Manchester
- University of Northampton
- University of Nottingham
- University of Reading
- University of Stirling
- University of York
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a Chinese mainland passport holder
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate (taught) programme in a UK university
- be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK university
We expect scholars to attend lectures and tutorials and engage with extra-curricular activities.
We want you to act as an ambassador for UK higher education by sharing your experiences and promoting the value of studying at a UK university.
You may also be asked to attend a networking event with other scholars, to discuss experiences so we can capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
How to apply
- Filter the universities listed by China on the ‘find a scholarship’ page and click on the university page to access detailed information about the scholarships on offer.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.