Studying for a UK degree in Singapore


You’ll find many great opportunities to study for a UK degree in Singapore. So if you have caring, job or family commitments that prevent you from travelling to the United Kingdom, you can still gain your dream qualification. 

These Transnational Education (or TNE) courses are designed, delivered, and quality-assured to the UK’s own rigorous standards and each leads to a UK degree.

They can provide a pathway to the United Kingdom at a later date, either to continue your studies or to work, and you’re sure to benefit from their strong links with both UK and international business (just one of the reasons that graduates with UK degrees are among the most employable in the world). You may also find that studying for a UK TNE degree in Singapore is more affordable than studying in the UK itself.


You can apply to study for a UK-awarded TNE programme in Singapore if you have completed one of following qualifications:

  • GCE A-Levels from Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education
  • IGCSE from University of Cambridge International Examinations
  • International Baccalaureate diploma
  • Diploma from a Singaporean polytechnic

There may also be additional requirements, depending on the course you choose. So we always advise you to check with the UK university that will be awarding your degree, and with the partner institution in Singapore where you will be studying. You may also be required to have evidence of English language proficiency.

Which degree should I choose?

A wide range of full time, UK-accredited degrees are on offer in Singapore, and you’re certain to find a course that’s right for you.

Every year, graduates in Singapore complete Masters degrees, Doctorates and Bachelor’s degrees in subjects ranging from Law to medicine to the arts. And each is awarded their prestigious degree from a UK university.

How will my degree be awarded?

There are two ways that your UK-accredited degree may be awarded in Singapore.

Articulation agreements 

Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) in Singapore, such as its universities and polytechnics, have partnerships with several universities in the UK. As such, these UK universities recognise credits that you have studied for in Singapore and may offer the chance to transfer to a UK university and continue your education.

What degree am I awarded?

Depending on the agreement between your Singapore IHL and a UK university, upon successful completion of your studies you may be awarded:

  1. A dual/joint degree from both universities
  2. A degree from just the UK university (in the case of articulation agreements between the polytechnics and the UK universities)

For more information, we advise that you contact your chosen IHL in Singapore and enquire about its partnerships with UK universities.

External degree programmes 

Private Education Institutes (PEIs) in Singapore work in partnership with UK universities to offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses. These External Degree Programmes are regulated by the Committee for Private Education. 

Depending on the agreement between the PEI and the UK university, some or all of your UK degree course will either be delivered the UK university, or by the locally appointed faculty in Singapore.

What degree am I awarded?

Upon successful completion of your studies you will be awarded with a degree from the UK university. 

To find out more about external degree programmes in Singapore, we advise that you:

  • enquire directly with a PEI you are interested in
  • enquire directly with a UK university you are interested in
  • visit the CPE website here for the list of registered PEIs [BROKEN LINK] and for approved courses. [BROKEN LINK]

Studying online

Depending on your work and home commitments, you may choose to study for your degree online. 

There are a number of these programs available in Singapore which offer the same high standards of UK teaching and the same prestigious qualifications, while allowing for a greater amount of flexibility and schedules that better suit your needs.

To find out about these online degrees, we advise that you directly contact individual institutions in the UK. You can find a comprehensive list on the UK government website.  

Other relevant websites

Sign up to our newsletter

Get the latest updates and advice on applications, scholarships, visas and events.