Studying for a UK degree in Romania
Many UK higher education institutions offer courses overseas, including in Romania. These courses are provided through local partners and online platforms. They are designed, delivered, and quality-assured to the UK’s own rigorous standards, and lead to UK qualifications that are fully recognised by employers and national education authorities in Romania.
A UK qualification opens doors to many new and exciting opportunities. Many students in Romania have completed a UK TNE course and boosted their personal and career development as a result. A UK TNE qualification helps you to:
- Gain a competitive edge: UK university qualifications are recognised for their career-enhancing quality. Pursuing UK TNE will equip you with the analytical skills, critical thinking, teamwork ability, and international awareness employers are looking for, all while boosting your English language proficiency in the process.
- Expand your international outlook: Studying on a UK TNE course will allow you to experience the UK’s approach to education and interact with students from different countries. You may even have the opportunity to spend time in the UK as part of your course.
- Studying on a UK TNE course in Romania can be your gateway to UK: They can provide a pathway to the United Kingdom at a later date, either to continue your studies or to work, and you’re sure to benefit from their strong links with both UK and international business (just one of the reasons that graduates with UK degrees are among the most employable in the world).
- UK TNE offers a lot of flexibility and is a great alternative to gaining a qualification in the UK.
- Choice of study modes and locations: You can study full-time with a local partner, or, if you prefer, you can choose a part-time course and study anywhere through online distance learning. Regardless of which study mode or location you choose, you will enjoy excellent support services and have access to outstanding academic resources.
- Entry routes: Whether you’re looking to gain a first degree or expand your existing qualification through a postgraduate course, a range of TNE courses are available to suit different needs. Some universities also offer pre-degree courses, enabling you to take the first step into UK higher education and progress onto higher level courses.
- Costs and funding: You may also find that studying for a UK TNE degree in Cyprus is more affordable than studying in the UK itself. Please check with specific local providers on payment terms and for information about scholarships and other funding sources available for your course.
You can apply to study for a UK-awarded TNE programme in Romania if you have completed one of following qualifications:
- Romanian Baccalaureate
- GCE A-Levels or other pre-university qualifications equivalent to A-Levels
- International Baccalaureate diploma (or equivalent qualification)
Postgraduate programmes tend to admit students with bachelor's degrees from Romania or abroad.
These TNE programmes may also have additional English language requirements, such as IELTS or CAE.
There may also be additional requirements depending on the course you choose. So we always advise you to check with the UK university that will be awarding your degree, and with the partner institution in Romania where you will be studying.
Students from non-EU countries
If you live in a non-EU country, you may need a student visa to enter Romania. These can be issued by a Romanian Embassy or High Commission in your home country. In addition, your local Romanian Consulate or Embassy can confirm the documentation you need, as well as give you information about the interview process.
Find out where a Romanian Consulate or Embassy is in your region, as well as full contact information.
Which degree should I choose?
There are several UK TNE programmes available in Romania which offer the same high standards of teaching as the courses at universities in the UK.
Upon successful completion of your studies, you will be awarded the same qualifications as these universities’ students in the UK. Every year, undergraduate and postgraduate students in Romania complete their studies for higher education degrees awarded by UK universities in subjects ranging from Master’s degrees in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations or MSc in Management of Business, Innovation and Technology and MBAs to Bachelor’s degrees in Business Management, Digital Marketing, Business Management, Accounting and Finance with Business Analytics, and International Hotel Business Management.
For a comprehensive list of UK degrees that you can study for while in Romania, visit the British Council Romania website. This list also includes several below-degree more professionally oriented courses developed by local institutions of higher education in collaboration with prestigious UK TNE providers.
Depending on the agreement between the local higher education institution (HEI) and the UK universities, upon successful completion of your course you may be awarded either a dual award from both the Romanian HEI and the UK university (also known as a dual degree) or a degree from just the UK university. Some Romanian universities may have ‘articulation agreements’ with their TNE partners in the UK. This means that the UK university will recognise the credits that you have studied for in Romania. Otherwise, in line with current national legislation, Romania’s Ministry of Education cannot yet approve TNE provision leading to the so called ‘joint degree”. For more information, we advise that you contact your chosen HEI in Romania and enquire about its partnerships with UK universities. To find out about online degrees, we advise that you directly contact individual institutions in the UK.