For the 2022-23 academic year there are ten postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions. Please visit the university page below for more information and how to apply:
Edinburgh Napier University
We have three campuses in Edinburgh offering advanced facilities for learning, teaching and research. Based in an iconic, prosperous city and a stunning, ambitious forward-thinking country, Edinburgh Napier is a great place to live, work and study.
Imperial College London
With students from over 140 countries, and a specialist community focusing solely on science, engineering, medicine and business, our degrees open doors and our discoveries change lives.
GREAT Scholarships - Keele University
Keele is proud of its multi-cultural and diverse student community and welcomes students from over 120 countries.
University of Bristol
With over 6,500 international students from over 140 countries, the University of Bristol has one of the largest and most vibrant international communities in the UK.
University of Derby
Located in the heart of England, Derby has great transport links with the rest of the UK. The city has a long-standing reputation for innovation and industry.
University of Kent
Kent is one of the of the UK’s leading universities and is a great choice for students keen to sharpen their skills and advance their career.
University of Manchester
The University of Manchester is one of Britain's most famous Russell Group universities, with a rich heritage stretching back to 1824.
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research.
University of York
The University of York is a high-performing, research intensive Russell Group university and one of the world’s premier institutions for inspirational and life-changing research
GREAT Scholarships for justice and law
For the 2022-23 academic year there are three justice and law scholarships available at the following institutions. Please visit the university page below for more information and how to apply:
GREAT Scholarships for justice and law
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam is a welcoming community with more than 34,000 students from 113 different countries.
With over 90 years of teaching and learning, Teesside University's innovative courses have been developed with global industry and societal challenges in mind.
University of Westminster
Located in the heart of London, the University of Westminster is an international institution embracing global engagement in all its forms.
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of Nigeria.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.