- Are you an international student currently studying at a UK university?
- Would you like the chance to share your UK study experience and feature on our social channels (700K+ followers)?
- Do you want to win a new laptop (Acer Chromebook Spin 513 worth over £300)?
Well, we’ve got a competition that’s perfect for you.
Tell me more...
Simply upload an image or video to your Instagram account (feed, IGTV or reels) telling us about your UK study experience. Whether you've learned new skills, made memories or new friends, share what studying in the UK has meant to you. Tag @StudyUK_BritishCouncil in your post and include #OnMyWayStudyUK in the caption to be in with a chance of winning one of our brilliant prizes.
If you’re sharing photos or videos on Instagram, your profile needs to be public. If your profile is set to private we will not be able to view your submission.
What are the prizes?
The winning submission will receive a brand new laptop (Acer Chromebook Spin 513 worth over £300) and two runners-up will receive a £50 WHSmith gift card. Entrants may also be featured on the Study UK website or social channels.
- The competition opens at 00:01 BST on Monday 4 October 2021.
- The competition closes at 12:00 GMT on Monday 29 November 2021. Any entries received after the closing date will not be entered in the competition.
- Entries will be shortlisted by the a judging panel.
- Competition winners and runners up will be notified by Monday 6 December 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via direct message on Instagram, and information will be shared on how winners can claim their prizes.
Potential topics to cover
- Why you decided to study in the UK, the university you're studying at and the course you're taking.
- The quality of teaching in the UK and the skills you have learned.
- The friends you have made in the UK and what this has meant to you.
- The new activities you have tried or the new places you have visited.
- What your UK study experience has taught you.
- How studying in the UK will help you to reach your goals.
Some examples of videos that international students have created for us previously: