If you are a citizen of China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey or Thailand, who is dreaming of studying for a postgraduate degree in the UK, but need help funding your studies - the GREAT Scholarships 2020 programme could be for you.
What is the GREAT Scholarship programme?
The GREAT Scholarships programme is funded jointly by the UK Government's GREAT Britain campaign and British Council, as part of the Study UK campaign. The programme offers a total of 82 postgraduate scholarships from 36 UK universities, across a variety of subjects. Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000, equivalent of one year's tuition of a postgraduate (taught) degree.
The scholarships cover academic year 2020/21.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of one of the programme's countries: China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia,Thailand and Turkey.
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate (taught) programme in a UK university
- be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK university
- be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
How to apply
Simply go on the relevant page for your country of residence below, where you will find a list of participating universities. Then, click onto the university pages in order to get more information on the particular scholarship on offer, and the application process.