In today’s job market, you need to go the extra mile to achieve your potential when you graduate. Choosing to study in the UK plays a big part in that, leading to great career opportunities.
Respected by employers around the world, the UK’s higher education system gives you the skills, confidence and connections you need to boost your employability and open up a world of career possibilities.
In 2014/15, 90.2% of students who had studied in the UK were either in employment or further study within six months of graduating.
Education that prepares you for employment
- Many UK courses are designed in partnership with organisations and taught by industry professionals. Trying things out through industry-based assignments and work placements is a great way to help you make informed career choices.
- UK universities are renowned for their innovative teaching methods. These develop skills such as problem solving, team working and entrepreneurship – helping you get ready to thrive in the workplace.
- UK campuses are international communities. Mixing with students and teachers from around the world is great experience for a career in an international organisation. The English language skills you’ll develop can be a real boost to your career prospects too.
First class careers planning and support
- All UK universities employ professional career advisers to give advice on how to plan your career, build your CV and prepare for interviews. Contact your chosen university’s careers office to find out more about the services they offer.
- There are a host of UK based organisations that offer excellent careers planning and support. See the links below for organisations that can help you discover where your UK qualification could lead.