Below are the Study UK Alumni Awards 2019 Entry Rules (Terms and Conditions) and how we store and use information you provide to us via your application/nomination form. All nominators and applicants must click ‘Yes, I accept’ for all boxes on the application submission page in order for their application or nomination to be submitted and considered for the Study UK Alumni Awards. A PDF download copy of the T&Cs is at the bottom of this page.
Terms and Conditions
Alumni Award applicants/nominators must:
- Accept responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of the User id (email address) and password used to access the Alumni Awards portal.
- Notify the British Council of any unauthorised use of their User id and/or password
- Provide personal information that is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not, in any respect, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to mislead or deceive.
- Notify the British Council immediately of any relevant changes in their application/nomination at any stage during the application process.
- Applicants must re-confirm the accuracy of their application should they be selected as a finalist.
If you do not provide your personal data, The British Council will be unable to process your application.
The personal information provided by applicants/nominators will be used by the British Council in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and any relevant local law, for the purposes of managing the Alumni Awards and checking references as described in section 7 of the Terms and Conditions. The information will be used by the judges to assess the applications in line with the judging criteria in section 5 of the Terms and Conditions.
Nominators’ information as entered on their form will be shared with the person they are nominating. All nominations and applications will be shared with the nominees’/applicants’ former UK university/ies. The British Council may also share personal information with trusted third parties, including an external shortlisting agency, reference checking agencies, and applicants’ former scholarship awarding bodies, when necessary to fulfil the purposes stated above. You agree that the information that British Council holds/shares about you will be treated as confidential and will only be disclosed to any other party:
- as detailed in this notice and in the terms and conditions document (i.e. your former UK university/ies, scholarship awarding bodies, external shortlisting agency, judging panels and reference checking agencies), or at your request and with your consent
- to investigate or prevent fraud
Under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you and the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in that information. If you have concerns about how we have used your personal information, you also have the right to complain to a privacy regulator. If you want to find out more, please contact your local British Council office or visit our website: https://www.britishcouncil.org/privacy. All information we hold about you will be held securely and deleted after seven years in accordance with British Council data retention policies.